HEY THERE, I’M CAROLYN. BUT YOU CAN CALL ME KOA.
Get to know my latest work
JUMP TO FEATURED: SAAS PRODUCT & TECH CONTENT | HEALTH & WELLNESS CONTENT | MAGAZINE CLIPS | VOICE OVER | LET’S WORK TOGETHER
Here’s some of my writing.
Featured SaaS product & technology content
Most recently I was the Head of Content for a B2B2C/B2B2B SaaS startup focused on founders, business owners, CEOs, COOs, and Directors of small, medium, and startup professional service businesses (i.e., coaching/consulting, training, and therapy companies). There, I built the content function from the ground up including setting editorial strategy, content strategy, brand messaging, the process, and tech to make it happen across the website, blog, product channels, five social channels and email.
I wrote, managed, and developmentally edited a small team of writers, a designer and video editor to produce SEO-optimized articles across the customer journey, based on search intent.
🔍 CASE STUDY: Grabbed 3 Google features and position #3 with in-depth core topical guides to compete with domain authorities 2.5X Profi’s
In 2021, SaaS coaching and training software, Profi, didn’t have a cohesive editorial strategy and weren’t yet organically ranking on professional service industry topics. Their page authority was low across the board. I defined core topics and their editorial calendar, then produced an SEO-optimized post that grabbed the Google Featured snippet, the first People Also Ask question, and the first 3 images in the image search, along with position 3 against more mature industry competition including Mighty Networks. This article on how to build a community business model performs against sites with 2.5X the domain authority of Profi’s, including HBR, Forrester, and Small Business Chron.
Blog and landing page content across the funnel:
Informational (Top of the funnel) content
In-depth guides, trends, tutorials, and templates.
Working Google doc example of how to/guide content I wrote for a freelance coaching/consulting client: The most critical factor in career success: how to prepare with career coaching sessions.
Commercial Investigation (Middle of the funnel) content
Comparison articles, alternatives, original research, webinars, gated resources, product solution pages, product and content newsletters.
Transactional (Bottom of the funnel) content
Case studies, customer success stories, customer testimonials, and product pages.
Other types of content used by teams across the business:
Including examples of video, e-book, Infographic, Affiliate program assets, gated lead gen, sales enablement, testimonials, case studies, and email.
- Product video (wrote the script, managed video production process and recorded voiceover)
- Partnership Program landing page and partnership deck
- Gated lead gen planning tool
- Sales enablement: About Profi
- Testimonials: Profi customer testimonials (written + video) and YouTube video testimonials
- Customer Case Studies
- Email: A few email examples can be accessed here
I’ve managed social channels for my own business (Facebook, LinkedIn and Pinterest) as well as for SaaS service provider companies like Profi (YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter). Most examples below I pulled from LinkedIn unless otherwise noted.
- Video | Video Conscious Content Social
- Audiogram | Audiogram
- Topic multi-image post | Product multi-image post | Product multi-image post | Q&A multi-image post
- Topic carousel | Customer Success Story carousel
- Event Facebook | Webinar Event | Product Event
- Quote post Facebook | Quote post Facebook | Quote post Facebook | Quote post Facebook | Quote post | Quote post | Quote post (Pinterest style) | Quote post
I’ve also written deep technology-focused pillar and cluster articles for a B2B SaaS startup that show senior managers, product, marketing and CX leaders how to improve their customer experience (and by proxy the employee experience).
My articles consistently rank in both popularity and position 1 of the SERP with low exit rates, high average time-on-page and high pages-per-session rates.
I also effortlessly collaborate with product and engineering teams to produce tech-focused customer support content and manage the support content channel in lock-step with weekly agile feature deliveries.
🔍 CASE STUDY: Increased topical authority and beat out companies 340X their size in SERP
In early 2020 SaaS customer listening software product, Tethr, wasn’t organically ranking on a key CX topic in their industry (as they were up against well-established industry heavyweights 66-340 times their size, like Gartner and Qualtrics). During the COVID pandemic and amidst a volatile market, I took a slight left turn in my topical approach, producing an SEO-optimized pillar post that competes for positions 1 and 2 against those same heavyweights. This article about the anatomy of an effortless customer interaction was also the top most popular blog post of 2020 (just behind their most popular product demo).
Blog article and tech writing content:
- Tethr | CX: The anatomy of an effortless customer interaction
- Tethr | CX, ML/AI: Focusing on tonal sentiment analysis alone is failing your customer conversation analysis strategy
- Tethr | CX, ML/AI: 7 conversation analytics features to turn you into a customer listening pro
- Tethr | CX, ML/AI: Top 5 ways to improve your customer experience with conversation intelligence
- Tethr support | app & service connection articles:
- Tethr support | product feature articles section:
- Voice of customer graphing basics to get you started
- Easily organize, filter and share dashboards and reports — make collaboration simple and focus on what really matters
- Tethr support | product integration articles section: Integrate with Tethr to import your customer interactions — from chat to call audio and metadata — via the cloud, API or Microsoft Windows services
Featured Health & Wellness content
I write human-focused mindfulness, Hakomi method, Ayurvedic and coaching content that gets high engagement rates across email and social channels including Facebook, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
- 4 reasons why you can’t get what you want (and how to cure your aching need using Hakomi method)
- Responding rather than reacting to fear
- Top 7 purifying health secrets of aligning your diet with the taste of spring
- Building courage as a skill in your work
- 3 signs your mind needs healthy rest
- Why sadhana is key for finding purpose in your work
- Why business as usual is dying
- Are you ready to find your soul hound?
Featured magazine clips
I was writing and interviewing SMEs before digital was our primary way to consume content. These are a few of my magazine writing clips from the days of old.
In this PDF you’ll find 3 articles from my time writing with a city magazine in southern Missouri including:
- Upfront section: What’s Up in Branson? (A peek into the season of Branson stars.)
- Feature: Beyond Bullying: Pushed to the Edge — School bullying right here at home.
- Health section: Taking Control — two men share what life is like with OCD. This was part of a series of health articles that won myself and the city magazine I wrote for an award from the National Alliance on Mental Illness for our coverage of mental health issues.
Here’s some of my voice work.
Voice over samples
I love doing voices, especially children’s voices! I’m also great at calm, grounded meditation narration and other female voice work.
Check out a few of my voices below:
- Child voice: Puppies’ house (original)
- Child voice stuffy nose: Mom’s farts (original)
- Child voice: A hairy situation (original)
- Child voice long islander: Love you, Moon monkey (original)
- Guided meditation: Heart-focused mindfulness meditation (original)
- Billie Holiday-style blues singer: Summertime
- Welsh female singer: I’d pluck a fair rose
- Breathy female duet: Wing caught in wind (original)